The staff of Performance Plus Training Systems will be constructed of exceptional instructors in the area of volleyball. Former and current high school coaches of the highest level will be utilized to train our athletes. Instructors will also include athletes with participation at the collegiate and professional levels of the sport. Most importantly, our staff will be filled with individuals who's goal is the success and healthy development of athletes.
- USAV indoor participant for several years (Open/A Levels)
- Participant in Professional Beach Volleyball with competition on the AVP, MPVA, East Coast Volleyball tours
- Participant in Motherlode tournament in Colorado, Jose Cuervo tournaments in Illinois, Michigan, and Florida, and multiple California beach tournaments from the late 80’s to early 2000’s.
- CAP I certified coach
- Head Coach at Bishop Luers High School from 2004-2012
- Multiple SAC all-conference selections
- 2010 SAC Player of the Year-Taylor Gillie
- 2010 SAC Coach of the Year
- Sectional Champion, Regional Champion, and Semi-State participant
Phil has been involved with volleyball in Fort Wayne for the better part of 25 years. He began his volleyball career as an assistant at Wayne High School in 1981 and has been involved since. He retired from teaching after 33 years in the classroom but remains in the gym with Performance Plus Volleyball. Coaching and teaching have been part of his life since he was 18. He started with basketball and baseball but was drawn to volleyball in 1981. He was the head volleyball coach at Wayne High School for 10 years after serving as the assistant for 4 years.
He was involved with developing the first volleyball club in the Fort Wayne area and has been the co-founder of 3 other volleyball clubs in town including Performance Plus.
No matter what sport he coached, he has always been a “fundamentalist.” He is considered one the best fundamental, technical coaches in the area. What he brings to the court are hours of observation, demonstration, investigation, and experience.
Head Volleyball - 10 years
- Sectional Champions - 4 *
- Regional Champions - 1*
- Semi State Runners-up - 1*
Asst. Volleyball - 5 years
Head Softball - 2 years
- Sectional Champs - 1*
Head Girls Basketball - 2 years
- Sectional Runners-up - 1*
Track - 2 years
Boys’ Basketball - 6 years
Volleyball Club Resume
- Indiana Juniors - Coach
- 3 Rivers Volleyball Club - Co-Founder
- N3 Volleyball Club - Co-Founder
- Performance Plus Volleyball - Co-Founder